Volunteers play an integral role in IYLI. They are professionals and role models who are working in a variety of career fields. They help to encourage students to prepare for college and help with the college application and financial aid processes. Volunteers help to facilitate student learning during seminars and workshops, and as group leaders in IYLI's international study programs.
Process for becoming an IYLI volunteer:
- Review the IYLI website for a description of the organization and programs
- Complete and return the interest inventory.
- Submit a cover letter of interest and current resume
- Attend a volunteer orientation session and at least one seminars
- Provide personal references
- Complete an agreement form that identifies expectations, roles and responsibilities
- Agree to a background check
- Participate in an orientation program